The past week has been all over the place as far as conditions go. We’ve seen warm, sunny days, powder and -5-degree weather.
We’ve had a particularly cold streak the past few days, but It seems to be letting up with the new year with some fresh snow this morning and more to come this week.
Today was surprisingly soft and most likely due to over-celebration last night, there was almost no-one on the mountain before 11:00am. Snow is light and powdery so look in flatter areas for the best turns until it starts filling in a bit more.
The upcoming storm is still on track and it looks like Thursday and Friday morning are going to be excellent with 8-12 inches coming our way.
Tree runs that are skiing GREAT right now:
- 1:30 and 2’O Clock Trees
- Castles (skiers left of Rudi’s Run)
- Broadway Trees
- Land of the Little People (skiers right of Rolex)
- Shadows and Closets – hit these first thing in the morning as they get tracked out quickly!
Our favorite black groomers:
- Drop Out
- Chute 1, 2 and 3
- Nelson’s Run
Don’t forget lunch! Some of our favorite lunch and apres spots include:
- Four Points Lodge – The best pot pie and bloody mary’s on the mountain!
- Stoker – Great views of the valley and excellent beer selection
- T-Bar – Delicious comfort food and drinks.
- Los Locos – Great happy hour with some of the best tacos in town and truly tasty margaritas!
Before getting on the Gondola in the morning, stop by Gondola Pub and Grill (or GPG) and order a breakfast sandwich to go! Reasonably priced and so delicious!
Our favorite green and blue groomers:
- Buddy’s Run Vagabond to Betwixt
- High Noon